Financial Service Specialist
Sorry, this job has expired.
Saint Louis, MO
$16.00 – $18.00
Professional Employment Group is searching for candidates interested in holding a position with our favorite Fortune 500 Investment Firm. We are seeking qualified, capable and eager individuals for the annual Service Hotline deployed to take calls for Tax related inquiries from Branches and Clients. This is a great foot in the door opportunity to receive thorough training and substantial experience in a well-regarded department within this reputable firm.
• Take an average of 30-50 inbound calls daily, dependent on the length of the calls.
• Position is primarily phone based, calls are non-routine and can vary in length.
• Consistently deliver World Class Service to our branch associates, support departments and client base.
• Understand and support branch team and client needs, answering questions regarding tax and/or cost basis. (However, this is not a tax preparation position)
• Must take ownership during calls to locate resolutions which often requires coordination with other individuals and departments to resolve situations.
• Respond to calls from clients, tax professionals and branch staff regarding the consolidated 1099 package and securities with the firm.
• Specifically, how interest, dividends and sale of securities would be reported on the clients' federal form 1040.
• Analyze and interpret information on company's intranet, IRS publications, capital changes and computer system to research and resolve inquiries.
• Demonstrate the ability to connect with the audience by utilizing a proper balance of voice inflection, empathy, and professional demeanor while assessing the audience's knowledge.
• Associates are challenged on a daily basis by situations which require sound judgment and excellent problem-solving skills.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 1-3 years of Financial Industry experience, preferable in a service or phone-based role
• Ability to respond to written correspondence in a clear, succinct manner using correct grammar, spelling and format.
• Knowledge of tax laws preferred, but not required.
• Previous experience with Microsoft office tools and spreadsheets is required, prior experience with phone system or service tracking system is a plus.
• Stability with job history and longevity in previous roles is desired.